The Mountain Harvest Festival (MHF) invites you to participate in the 2018 Festival Market, September 27th–30th. We are looking for vendors who live and produce their goods in the North Fork Valley and on the Western Slope of Colorado. Our emphasis is on fine arts and handmade crafts, and locally grown foods and food products. After reviewing the following information, please complete and return the application with your payment. The vendor Coordinator can be contacted via email.
Paonia is tucked against the mountains at the top of the North Fork Valley. All Festival booths and events will be located in the beautiful, shady Paonia Town Park, on 4th Street at North Fork Ave. Booth locations will be assigned by the Mountain Harvest Festival. Food vendors will be assigned space on the asphalt driveway between the park and the football field. Craft and info booths will be assigned space within the park. Vendors selling produce, meat, bread or other food items not for immediate consumption will be assigned to the Farmers Market area on the west side of the park.
Booth spaces are 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep. If you require more space, you will need to purchase additional booth space. Vendors are responsible for their own canopy, table(s) and displays. We highly recommend you have a canopy with four sides for nighttime security and protection from possible rain, winds, and bright sun.
FEES AND TIMELINES
Registration and fees must be received as checks by September 1st (we do not, at this time, have a credit card processing service). Booth space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, with exceptions made to ensure diversity and limit duplication. We are offering a discount to Food and Craft Vendors for early sign-ups. Vendors approved by June 23 have the option of being listed in the Festival Entertainment Guide.
Food Vendors: $120 before June 22; $150 after June 22
Craft Vendors: $60 before June 22; $75 after June 22
Information and Nonprofits: $30
Farmers Market: $20 one day or $30 both days
Sponsors of $500 or more are eligible for a booth included in their sponsorship. Please consult with Festival Director, email@example.com
Deposit for all vendors: $75, refundable. Please write the deposit as a separate check which will not be deposited unless needed. Refunds, minus a $25 admin fee, can be made for cancellations prior to August 1. Cancellations August 1st – September 1st will get half the vendor fee returned. No refunds after September 1, 2018.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VENDORS
The Mountain Harvest Festival is a celebration of the local harvest of agriculture, art, music and culture. One of our goals is to create an economic impact locally. We invite vendors based on the Western Slope of Colorado to participate.
- Vendors are expected to keep the area around their booth clean during the festival, and to remove all trash from their booth area at the end of the festival.
- No paint on the grass and please take care not to damage the property.
- A Mountain Harvest Festival Sales Report must be filled out and turned in by each vendor. This form will be distributed at set-up and collected at the end of the day on Sunday.
- We love our park, so absolutely no parking or driving on the grass. Plan on using a hand-truck or carrying your gear to your space, and enjoy the lush grass.
MOBILE AND WI-FI
Unfortunately, we do not have the best cell phone reception. Sprint and AT&T work best in town, Verizon does not work here. Limited Wi-Fi is available in the park. We are doing our best to beef Wi-Fi up for the festival, but please do not count on having high speed internet or cell reception for credit card transactions.
- We are happy to provide vendors with two specific ways to secure their wares and belongings overnight at the Festival.
- Vendors have permission from the Town of Paonia to sleep in or beside their booths.
- In addition, MHF will have a security guard on duty in the park, overnight, on Friday and Saturday. Our town is known for its safe, friendly environment; even so, we want our vendors to rest easy and fully enjoy taking part in our festival.
WATER FOR DRINKING
The festival will provide clean drinking water for all participants, and will encourage people to bring their own reusable bottles. No bottled water may be sold at the festival in order to limit waste.