19 Jul Seated Food and Wine Pairing
Saturday September 28
Two seatings at 4:00pm & 6:30pm
Stone Cottage Cellars
41716 Reds Road, Paonia
Starting with a brief vineyard and cellar tour, followed by an in-depth cellar tasting right from the barrels. The event continues with a vineyard, seated food & wine pairing (cellar during rain days) including five deliciously grown hand-selected local Stone Cottage wine pours paired with hand-selected catered pairings to create a unique dining experience. Brent & Karen Helleckson, owners and wine makers, provide an interesting dialogue through the pairings for a beautiful, scenic, culinary event.
Special discount offered with purchase of wines to participants of the tasting.
Reservations Required. $75.
Limited to twenty people per seating, ten minimum.
Event will begin with barrel samples directly from the cellar.
White wine pairings:
- Micro-greens with pickled ginger
- sesame salad
- Ginger soy sesame shrimp Ceviche on Won Ton Chips
- Dry Gewurztraminer
- Smoked Salmon & Lemon Zest
- Soft Cheese Paté and Apple Slices
- Roasted Garlic Chip Chicken
- Salad on Cucumber Slices
- Lemon Chive Chevre from Paoia’s Western Culture Goat Farm
and locally made Italian Herb
- Chicken Sausage
- Grilled Portabello Mushrooms,
- Crispy Shallots with Red Wine
- Balsamic Glaze
- Rose or Pinot Gris